Hey hey. I decided to go with text animation for the latest libGDX jam trailer and Spine worked flawlessly on this end:
I pretty much did most of the editing in Spine and only needed Da Vinci Resolve for crossfades and stuff. The new sequence feature is really nice because I do a lot of frame by frame animation. I used to have to use an obscure python script to generate those. The only issue I have is that sequence requires me to manually type the attachment name and frame start and end. I'm pretty sure Spine can figure those out automatically given that it does so for duplicating skeletons and such.
Other things I had to work around are not having tools to align stuff and no way to measure distances. I just used mockup PNG's and bones used strictly for aligning stuff. It makes the project messy, but it doesn't really matter since I'm just rendering to video.
I forgot to mention that I used Rhubarb Lip Sync for the guy's speech at the end. I'm amazed that project is still active and compatible with the latest versions of Spine. Well done!
Anyway, thanks for making Spine awesome and the keeping up with the awesome updates!