EricHasEscaped

Hey folks, I'm having some trouble figuring out how to accomplish something in Spine. Would love any help/ideas you may have.

What I'd like to do is have an arm, which is made from a single image and two bones, deform nicely. Here's what it looks like:

But when I pose it, the deformation is kinda messy:

I've tried messing with the mesh, adding geometry, etc. and can't seem to get a nice, clean result. Is it possible, or am I trying to use mesh deformations in a way they aren't intended to be used?

Also, as a side note, I've encountered what I think is a bug... If I go back to edit my mesh and click "generate", I get a warning that the attachment already has weights:

When I click "remove weights", for some reason the image rotates:

I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong or a bug, but I can replicate it pretty easily.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!
EricHasEscaped

Wedrownik

Hey

1. I did something similar. Added some meshes and 2 bones. First of all I auto-weighted meshes and then moved one bone. 2-3 meshes in the middle I moved manually to get better effect.

2. Imho, that isnt bug but correct warning, because look. You have some weighted meshes and now when you generate more, weights will completly change. That why you have this warning.
Dateianhänge
2017-08-11_12h24_07.gif
Wedrownik

Erikari

Thanks Wedrownik!:D
And I've opened an issue for the bug, which is confirmed. When removing weights from a mesh, attachments gets rotated · #241 · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor
Erikari

Erikari

EricHasEscaped

Thank you Wedrownik!

If I understand correctly, you're saying I should move the bone to show the deformation, then fix the mesh in the deformed position until it looks correct.

I tried this, and I can get a decent result for the bent position:

However, when I move back to the initial position the changes I've made to the mesh cause it to look wrong:

Is it just a matter of playing with the mesh in different positions until I get it right? Or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks again :)
EricHasEscaped

Erikari

If you leave the bones untouched in setup mode and bend them in animate mode you can adjust the weights in animate mode and still have a good result in setup mode :)
Erikari

Erikari

Wedrownik

EricHasEscaped Om..almost correctly. Like Erikari said you, you have to do it in animation mode :P IF you do it in setup mode:

1. You dont see effect so easly, you have to change in setup mode, then switch to animation, check effect etc
2. You wont have effect back like you saw.

So save your mesh withoutchanging on the animation beggining and then at the end, when you bend arm, move meshes to satisfactory effect. Now when you put animation back, all meshes, even this which you changed will back to initial positions ;)

Keep in mind that Setup mode is like scaffolding on which you build animation and animation mode is the rest of structure.
Wedrownik

Zurück zu Editor