lfus

Hi,
today I wanted to finally use Spine again after 4 years of not working with it at all. I bought the 'Professional' version.
The last time I made an update was in February 2016. If I try to open it now it will try to update, then it tries to reinstall instead and then I get this message:

Sorry, the update has failed.
See spine.log for more information.
Please check your internet connection and try again.

My internet connection works fine. My log says this:

Spine Launcher 3.0.06
Windows 10 Home x86 6.2
Java 1.7.0_06 Esoteric Software
32-bit Server VM

My graphics driver is NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 660. I also just updated it today.

I saw a lot of older threads fixing similar issues by replacing the version.txt in the Spine settings folder with a txt with '3.3.05' written in it, but that does not fix my problem either... (To be fair, this fix is also 3 years old.)

Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall it again, but I don't really know how to do that... Also I don't know where my key for Spine is to log in and stuff. It's been ages... I can't find any download files on the website of Spine. Only the 'purchase' option. Sorry for being so clueless, but I am a tech noob through and through... :confused:

Can someone please help me with this?
lfus

Nick

We all need to re-install the whole thing the last time they updated the launcher.
Just download a new installer from the link in your purchase email. That download page will also have your key on it.
Nick

Nate

3.0.06 is a very old launcher version, you'll need to reinstall as Nick described (thanks Nick!). Spine should explain that though, it shouldn't just say "the update has failed". We'll see if the message can be improved for very old launchers.

Shoot us an email from the email address you purchased from if you can't find your purchase email with your Spine license page link.
Nate

Nate

lfus

Thank you all very much. I found my purchase email and could successfully reinstall Spine! It's all working great now! :)
lfus

Zurück zu Bugs